Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-11-2012 , 04:12 AM

2D Computer Display

I was wondering if there's an easy way to create a 2D computer display for my Jedi Starfighter. Would this be a material of some sort or would it be created later on in a program such as After Effects. I'm looking for for something that looks dynamic like something you'd see in a movie... what's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks
Itzat

# 2 20-11-2012 , 02:00 PM
rm3d
I take it you mean like HUD display and controls and targeting?. well you could go nuts in maya and do it, but it would be easier to it post production, after effects has some really cool stuff for that, and some really good tutorials for huds, also with AE's layering you can get some sweet 3d displays. it isnt overly difficult if you know your way round After Effects.

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk
# 3 20-11-2012 , 02:15 PM
That's kind of what I figured. I was thinking HUD's and Radar, I just didn't want anything like a Iron Man 3D HUD. I want something that's on a screen display. I'll just have to create all that in AE.

Thanks!