Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-05-2003 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber

Plugins?

Plunins? I'm not sure If I'm doing this right but after I download a plugin from a site and unzip them I'm not sure on where to put then after I unzip the download? theres a sub folder that says scripts but has other folders in side of it/startup/unsupported/others/ so should i drag and drop them into the unsupported folder?
Thanx for your time
-Ron-

# 2 14-05-2003 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber
plugins normally get installed in you instalation directory

eg. C:\Program Files\AliasWavefront\Maya5.0\bin\plug-ins

if they are scripts than they get put somewhere else. You should see if there is a readme file that tells you exactly where to put the files.

# 3 14-05-2003 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
I know that sounds logical reading the read me file but, every file I downloaded don’t have one, which I thought was strange? I had opened up the scripts to see if it shined any light but all I get is Binary file /ASCII file/ and Scripts file? With out any directions on how to load them in. Since I’m new at this I don’t want to put stuff in the wrong folder, to keep every thing clean, But thanks for your helpuser added image

# 4 14-05-2003 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber

# 5 14-05-2003 , 07:36 PM
Holy Christ. That was another thread. user added image
LOL.

# 6 20-05-2003 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
Please don’t shoot me for being such a dumb user added imagebut, yes I’m still having trouble with plugins. Is there a tutorial that tells you how to load in cretin files into the right folders?

(1) ASCII
(2) Binary

Are the only files that I don’t know what folder they go intouser added image