Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-07-2003 , 03:52 AM
Subscriber

Animation Question

Hello there!

I was wondering if there's a way to animate a simple character with joints and bones and then replace him with a more complex character skin after doing a animation scene?

Thanks for all the great tutorials by the way

user added image user added image user added image

# 2 11-07-2003 , 08:02 AM
Well if you animate the rig, then any character you bind to that rig will follow the animation.

# 3 11-07-2003 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for your feed back... Just one more question, how do i unbind a skin from a skeleton that has been rigged?user added image

# 4 11-07-2003 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
In the animation section under the skin menu is 'detach skin' - it has an options box to delete, keep or bake the history depending on how much detachment you want.

# 5 12-07-2003 , 12:08 AM
you can use a wrap deformer to make a low poly mesh drive a higher poly/sub div mesh. Not 100% on how to do it but I know it's in the help file

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 12-07-2003 , 04:43 AM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot for all feedbackuser added image user added image user added image