Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 106 17-07-2003 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys user added image.

First off 3djoe, i took your advice and made them before i went any further... then i decided to chop it up user added image. Pure, lol.. thanks man.. but i wouldnt say its something out of iceage, im not that good yet.. lol.

Ok, I have hacked up my models head and its exposing the bone beneath. Next i will be extruding inwards to the skull and probably tweaking verts for a couple hours to make it look like wounds.. then a few displacement maps and voila!

Im having some troubles with my mesh.. i keep loosing the textures user added image. Mostly on the body though. I kinda left it grey now and it can just sit at that color until i need to texture it.

Heres the start of the gore! (not too gorey yet if you ask me... looks like an unfinished model.. lol).

Attached Images

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 107 17-07-2003 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
Looks good so far! Nice clean mesh you made for the head btw.

You can really see where it's heading now!

# 108 17-07-2003 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
Thanks witchy user added image. That head is smoothed out, theres actually 1/3rd as many polys, poly cube modelling is very handy if you have proper refrence images user added image.

Ok, i have now in the past 2 hours or so extruded that skin inwards so that it goes to the bone. In any case the modelling part of it is close to being done for the head. I am still going to be adding displacement maps or bump maps for the gore in the blood (weird bumps and colors, fully textured). Then im going to take all the edges of every edge where it then goes to blood.. and i will extrude them and use transparency maps to get a ruffled fur look, To make it look like its not such a clean cut.

I have no clue how to properly use bump maps or displacement or transparency maps though... so its time to go learn user added image. I may have an update later today, or tommorow :thumbsup:

Attached Images

# 109 17-07-2003 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
I like what you have done so far!:thumbsup:

He looks like he could be in pain!

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 110 17-07-2003 , 09:16 PM
Wow! Great idea with the skull being exposed! I like that! make sure that in places you can see straight through the wounds! like around the jaw bone where the flesh is missing so you'd be able to see out the back! Know what I mean? Great job! You have turned into a freaking awesome artist dude!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 111 17-07-2003 , 09:31 PM
argh...that is disgusting.ยด

/me is thinking about Resident Evil.

# 112 17-07-2003 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
Nice stuff- I have a good bloody flesh texture I picked up on a site somewhere btw if you would like it to play around with.

# 113 17-07-2003 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber
Ah i would love that witchy, e-mail it to me at matt@gohtel.com user added image. Other than that though, i was wondering about what wicket said.. do you mean right through from one side of the head to the other, like a hole? Or do you mean so that you can see right through, but more so a smaller hole. I cant quite visualise where i could do that. All of the blood patches though have some sort of bone popping out of it.. theres a few extra bones added here and there on the other side that are ovals extruded on a curve user added image.