Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 24-09-2003 , 12:20 PM
Hmm, guess i will now turn to my german forum.
Obviously i am having problems with my translation of "trim" and maybe alot more.
But, thanks a lot.
Maybe i am going report to you what i found out user added image and get myself another headnut, when i told yoú what i understood about the essence of trims, stitches, attaches, fillets- whatever.

# 17 24-09-2003 , 02:50 PM
lol, right now i wonder what is the translation of trim from german to to english...user added image

# 18 24-09-2003 , 04:14 PM
In fact the translation is very clear, but i do not understand it in the context.
To me trimming means, making something fit.
To match means, about the same, maybe more in a sense of letting things meet.
Well, i just do not know what exactly happens to surfaces and curves , when building a NURB and what NURBs really are.+
And so on.user added image

By the way, stay cool- trimming in german is nothing filthyuser added image

# 19 26-09-2003 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
Seeing as you are very new at this, did you maybe think of choosing something a little less stressfull? Try not to run before you can walk. How about modleing a pair of glasses, a tv set, a monitor, these are all things you can eventually add to your library. Meanwhile you learn on something a little easier, you can still make it look cool. Otherwise I suggest you buy the book "The Art of Maya". It's a great beginners book and very easy to understand. Before you even touch the phone try the tools out first. I just gave this link to someone else, maybe it would be good for you too; https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/kevin2/

# 20 26-09-2003 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by moyo
In fact the translation is very clear, but i do not understand it in the context.
To me trimming means, making something fit.
To match means, about the same, maybe more in a sense of letting things meet.
Well, i just do not know what exactly happens to surfaces and curves , when building a NURB and what NURBs really are.+
And so on.user added image

By the way, stay cool- trimming in german is nothing filthyuser added image

oh, and some here do speak german (e.g. me). and you got the meaning of trim exactly. it makes something fit. and now i try that in german a bit.

hoffentlich kriege ich noch ein bissel deutsch zusammen. ist zwar meine muttersprache, aber benutzen tu ich die nur noch selten (bitte nicht beschweren deswegen). ein nurbs patch ist ein rechteckiges gitter aus nurbs kurven die sich schneiden und eine flaeche aufspannen. man kann mehrere patch zusammennaehen (stitch) so wie eine patchwork decke. wichtig ist, dass sich die kontrollpunkte entlang einer kante beruehren (z.b. kann man an einen 4x4 patch 2 2x2 patche entlang einer kante annaehen). sollte man aus irgendwelchen gruenden nicht mit den 4 kanten des patches zufrieden sein, muss man den patch trimmen - dazu wird eine nurbs kurve auf den patch projeziert und dann entlang der kante wird ausgeschnitten (z.b. fuer einen sternfoermigen patch). problem beim trimmen ist, dass man diese getrimmten patche nicht mehr mit der maya naehmaschine zusammenschustern kann.

# 21 26-09-2003 , 03:45 PM
Wow, das hat mir echt gehofen!
So Newbie bin ich gar nicht, aber bei der Komplexität von Maya lasse ich das eine oder andere schonmal aus.
Doch eines der Themen die momentan auf dem Programm stehen ist halt das Wort NURBS-patch[Flicken- gell user added image]
Will heissen: Das kriege ich schon hin!
Mein Problem lag einfach darin, das ich bisher davon ausgegangen war das Nurbs immer zwischen zwei Kurven aufgespannt werden.
Diese Art der Gitterkonstruktion war mir neu.
Daher wusste ich auch nicht ob mein Verständnisproblem vieleicht nur sprachlicher Natur ist.

Grüsse MoYo
PS: Your german is excellent!
All the best in the U.S.!

# 22 28-09-2003 , 05:18 PM
i would choose nurbs to do it...

# 23 29-09-2003 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
Without a doubt NURBS piece of cake it will be.

grrrr