Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 24-09-2003 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber

Mental

mental ray with a hdri dome

One Day, i will have enough money to buy a 15m yacht. Then i will take you all and have a world trip... One day .... yeah... one day.........
# 17 24-09-2003 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

Mental

mental ray with a hdri dome. best way for perfect reflections and highlights...

One Day, i will have enough money to buy a 15m yacht. Then i will take you all and have a world trip... One day .... yeah... one day.........
# 18 26-09-2003 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
HEY MAN THOSE LEGS AND FEET ARE GREAT NOW! Look more at where they join to the body, the upper part, and do the same thing with the muscles there and this will just be a fantastic piece! Also his toenails could be a TAD sharper. If you get muscle definition all over his body this thang is gonna just be super.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 19 03-10-2003 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber

a test anim of da dragon

i made a test anim of the dragon.. but still didnt texture it user added image
anyway these are what i will do next
1. wing anim tweaking
2. body anim tweaking
3. flame look heavy tweaking
4. smoke to be added
5. text will be covered with ice so ice cold will make sense and will melt...
hmmm thats all i can think of now and also waiting your comments...

Attached Files
File Type: rar dragonsqueeze.rar (548.9 KB, 192 views)
# 20 03-10-2003 , 09:31 AM
Subscriber
Hey that`s a great test :thumbsup: i like it very much, great modeling in fact that`s a hell of a model user added image, i`m sure you will improve it (if the wings could bend a little more in the midle and you raise the legs it will be perfect).Liked the fire as well

regards:thumbsup:

Life is lived forward but only understood backward
# 21 03-10-2003 , 10:39 AM
that fire looks awesome... also i mean... his feet, they just sorta dangle there...

# 22 03-10-2003 , 02:00 PM
Good start bud... Have a few tips you should look into though.

1) The fire looks really good.

2) The dragon needs to be losen up a lot more he/she is a bit stiff, try adding some a lot more rotation in the body.. Start of with the mid section around the wing area, arc its back up and down as its wings flap.

3) The wings depending on the rig should and will cup more to get lift. If you can watch some bat footage of ther wings it will help.

Good reference of a flying dragon is, Reigion of fire.

Great start

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb

Last edited by Kurt; 03-10-2003 at 02:09 PM.
# 23 03-10-2003 , 02:12 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, I would tuck his feet in like a bird or something, and give his body a bit more undulatioin in the spine... not too snake-like, but more than he's got now.

# 24 03-10-2003 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber
on my way
thnks for comments and advices cos thats all i need, thnks again

# 25 03-10-2003 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber
Very cool idea for you're logo! I love it! Great test, listen to these guys they know what they are talking about, get some bat references or go rent "Reign of FIRE" i think is what kurt ment. After you have something to watch it will be OBVIOUS wich things need to be changed to make his animation look more natural.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 26 10-03-2004 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
new updates coming soon... i am going to use this dragon for my short movie