Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-02-2005 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber

Got my DVDs'...1st question...

Hi,

I got my T-rex and Organic Modeling DVDs today and am quickly previewing the T-rex one. It seems great so far although it is a tad blurry.

I am wondering why Kurt chooses to create planes and apply his images to them via Hypershade rather than using the image plane option in the viewports?

I only ask, because my Digital Tutor DVD's beat yours to my house, so I have been following them for a few days and this is what they do. I am eager to jump into the T-rex, but I will finish what I have first and then dive in to yours.

I say that this is question #1, because I am sure I will have more since I am a noob to MAYA and nearly a noob to 3D in general.

I eagerly await the Texturing DVDs that I hear you have coming as well.

Thanks

# 2 16-02-2005 , 02:55 AM
Thanks for supporting Sm..

For the question I just perfer to set up my images that way, both setups work basically the same as far as work flow.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 16-02-2005 , 06:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
using geometry is less taxing on the hardware, though, and they're easier and more user-friendly to position in the scene.

IMHO anyway...

# 4 05-03-2005 , 01:50 AM
Subscriber
theres no right or wrong way to set up image planes, its all down to personal preference, but i prefer the way kurt set up.