Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-10-2006 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber

particle rotation

hi, i've got particles instanced with a piece of geometry. An expression control the rotation -and they totate nicel in x y and z. Unfortunately now I only need them to rotate around one axis. Is there a way of somehow locking, say y and z and having them only rotate around x?

any help would be niceuser added image

thanks

# 2 29-10-2006 , 09:49 PM
Yes. I'm not sure what your per particle attribute is callde, but it could look something like this.

rotPP += <<0.5, 0, 0>>;

# 3 30-10-2006 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber
thank you very much. That realy helped me! I am just beginning to learn how expressions and mel work. This might be an absolute beginner question, but the << at the beginnig and end indicated that it is a vector?

# 4 30-10-2006 , 01:38 AM
That's correct. Then each number separated by a comma correlate to <<x, y, z>>, or if you are using th vector for color info <<r, g, b>>

# 5 30-10-2006 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
thanks again user added image