Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-01-2007 , 01:01 AM

baking constraints

Have any of you ever tried baking a geometry constraint? It doesn't seem to work and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to force it to work.

Thanks.

# 2 02-01-2007 , 02:33 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Bake a geometry contraint? Can I ask what purpose would this be for?

Cheers
Jay

# 3 02-01-2007 , 02:58 AM
You can ask... ha ha ha.

OK, I've got some ice cubes set up on the surface of a real flow liquid simulation. The thing is, geom constraints are wierd. If you scrub through your animation, they react like any other un-cached sim. What I want to do is bake the geom constraint to be keyframes and then tweak it on top of that.

# 4 19-02-2007 , 12:01 AM
You could always point and orient constraint a temp locator to your ice cubes that are currently geometry constrained. . . then bake those locators. . . then break your geometry contraints and point and orient constrain your ice cubes to the baked locators. . . then of course bake your ice cubes. make sense? obviously it'd be nice if the bake simulation would work on geometry constraints but this'll get you the same result. . I think.