Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-01-2003 , 06:42 PM

machine gun fire

Hi , does anyone know the best way to put machine gun fire on any weapon of choice ( mine is a minigun and m-16) and also the rounds being expended onto the ground?????

thanx up front
PS-I use MAYA 4

# 2 21-01-2003 , 08:05 PM
The Maya Mountain
I did a project like this a while back. What I had was a two-barreled robotic gun firing from a compartment in a wall.

Anyway, what I did for the flash was very simple at the time, but looking back, I think I'd still do it again today. I made a funky NURBS object in the shape of your typical "flash" and stuck one at the end of the barrels. I then gave it a nice glowing shader, and used Set Driven Key to make it invisible when the barrel was retracted, but visible when extended. I also put a simple rotation expression on it to make it rotate slowly, so the flash wasn't the exact same shape every time it was visible.

For the shells, I used particle instancing and dynamics to have the shells bounce off the ground. I'll post a pic of what I made if I can find it. user added image

Good luck! user added image

# 3 21-01-2003 , 09:27 PM
Good one Mike!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 24-01-2003 , 05:22 PM
thanks mike I will try that and I would love to see your example.

# 5 24-01-2003 , 05:34 PM
The Maya Mountain
sorry, I forgot. lol. I'll dig around for it today and try to post some pics. user added image

# 6 26-01-2003 , 01:50 AM
The Maya Mountain
Sorry for the delay user added image

# 7 27-01-2003 , 11:30 PM
thank you again mike, that looks really good I think it just might work!