Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-05-2006 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber

Spline Handles

I,m trying to create a toung rig using a spline handle. The problem I am having is the curve will not attach its self to the joint chain. I can open a new scene(nothing in it) and using the same settings the rig will work fine. What could be causing the rig not to work in my project file. Steps I use: Create joint chain(default settings),next create CV curve(default settings) Then I add the IK spline handle (I turn off Auto Create Curve and Auto Parent Curve) I click on the root joint first then the last joint then the curve. In a new scene it works fine in my project scene it does not. Can anyone help. PLEASE

You're only limited by your creativity
# 2 15-05-2006 , 06:46 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hmm? very strange. I would check the attributes in the original scene first then in your project check the settings again as something may be different, these things can happen, could be a small thing like a 'check box'

Cheers
Jay

# 3 15-05-2006 , 06:52 PM
yeah... really odd. user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 15-05-2006 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber

Spline Handles

Jay, Thanks for your comeback. How do you check the attributes in a scene, do you mean in the attribute editor. When I apply the ik handle I get this message in the script editor. ikHandle-sol ikHandle-ccv false-pcv false; Result ikHandlel effectorl//. Not sure what this means. I've gone back in the scene file hierarchy to a file where the spline handle will work and started to rebuild the scene but its quiet a ways back and I'd rather not do that if I could fix the problem.

You're only limited by your creativity