Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 196 02-01-2009 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber
looking very dark on my screen.., but then again.., i just did a driver upgrade too??

id like to see other sides.., as in expressions, for this character.., show us his history!

take it easy and life will be easy
# 197 02-01-2009 , 05:38 PM
Perfecto: Cheers, working on trying to bring you all more pages very soon.

mirek03: It is quite a dark image. He comes into play in the second chapter so you may have to wait a little see more about him as he is actually one of the most important characters in the story.

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project

# 198 03-01-2009 , 12:10 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey G

on a second look at this, I feel that use of a custom brush on that beard to mak the hair coarser and break it up a bit with different tones would be a good idea, especially if this goes into any portfolio it would improve it as its matching the main hair a little too much right now.

the rest is schuper!

Jay

# 199 03-01-2009 , 04:32 AM
Jay: hey cheers, I prob won't have time to revisit it as its only concept art so it was supposed to be much looser and more gestural then it ended up. Gotta keep pushing on with more important stuff.

No point in having a perfect painting of him but no damn model to use for the main pages, or a body for him or other people for him to interact with or an environment, oh shit there is so much to do... (starts to cry)

Gio

Gio

# 200 03-01-2009 , 05:34 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey G

Well rough it up its only concept, but yeah too much to do!! so little time

Jay

# 201 03-01-2009 , 01:11 PM
Subscriber
and time is so precious.., so what you gonna do..?? id be making little weekly goals.., not looking at the whole project as one big heavy load.., eat at it bit by bit.., week by week.., a daily baisi.., if you look at it as one huge heavy over coat.., its too much.., , remember, there are people out there that spent years nursing a project like this one.., and succeeded..' how badly do you want it?? how much time can you spare.., how does it work with your job and finances.., ect

sorry to rave on but im facing similar decisions at the moment.

# 202 16-01-2009 , 04:42 AM
Hey mirek03.

Sorry for late response but I been a busy boy.

Got 8 and a half new pages done and I'm 1 and a half pages away from the next update to the story but a string of urgent projects back to back have been getting in the way. Got stuff on for a couple of weeks and then I hope to get some time if only a week or so to finish up the last handful of shots and update the site.

Nearly there...

What's your project and how's that going?

Gio

Gio

# 203 16-01-2009 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber
man thats some good news. did i hear 8 1/2 pages?? thats some serious work mate.

ill be looking forward to checking it all out. dont forget to post the link.., if you havent already.., too many things happening this end.., personal stuff.., thats the way it goes.., ups and downs user added image thats my excuse if you HAVE already put the link up user added image

maya?? atm im doing a bit of modeling.., first time in a while.., i hope to finish it.

other than that, post sound, acting coming up (bit part), trying to relearn how to realx after 5 years of school and no money.., ect ect.., time for ME now user added image maybe a trip to Vietnam after a visit to the hospitable about my bac and the pills i DONT want to take for the pain..

cheers mate, glad things are getting done your end.

will be waiting for the update.., i have fixed the screens.., it was a gamma problem.., because when i said DARK.., i REALLY meant frak user added image

ill stayed tuned

Mirek user added image

# 204 21-02-2009 , 10:37 PM
Hi all.

After a fairly busy period with a bunch of urgent freelance projects popping up and getting in the way, I have got another 10 pages ready for The Talos Project and I'm currently just doing some work on the website in preparation for the update. So probably about a week away.

In the meantime, here is a quick sketch of the next character I need for the following update.

user added image

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

# 205 21-02-2009 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber
wow awesome drawing, wish I could draw like that. Can't wait to see you begin on this guy.

# 206 21-02-2009 , 11:12 PM
Rhetoric Camel: Thanks. I'll prob start working on the model next week in between finishing off the site update.

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

# 207 23-02-2009 , 01:25 AM
Ok, all the pages and dialog are prepped, just making a few extra changes/additions to the site. and then double check it so should be good for launch at the weekend.

Made a little start on the next character, just at the base level for now. got two freelance jobbies to get on with tomorrow but plan to get back to this dude again in the eve.

user added image

not happy with proportions yet, will sort him out tomorrow.

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

# 208 23-02-2009 , 04:20 AM
OMG, that was a quick sketch? I wonder what it would have looked like if you took your time?

Looks good man

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 209 23-02-2009 , 12:25 PM
Perfecto: Lol, cheers. Well it's certainly quick compared to doing a full colour concept paint or building the final that's for sure.

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

# 210 23-02-2009 , 07:40 PM
Ok, just wacked him into ZB for a tickle. Just getting the main shape there and stuck an old crap texture on him for now just to get a feel for him.

user added image

Cheers

-Gio

Gio