Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-03-2005 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber

black lines around fur

Hi.

I am rendering out a character with fur using mental ray. Using the same settings (as far as i can tell) i sometimes get a nice render out such as the example if the character on the left in the picture i have included. Sometimes however i seem to get ghastly lines around the fur, like the example on the right of the picture. i have about 15 shots of the old man and 8 or so have this problem.

I rendered both out with premultiply on and imported into after effects with premultiply alpha channel settings.

Has anyone any ideas?

I have also posted this in rendering section. please don't kill me.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-03-2005 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
I have noticed it is around all of the character. Problably not a fur problem then. Sorry

# 3 12-03-2005 , 08:22 AM
I don't know abuot it much, but i think the problem is somewhere in render settings, cos, like matmonkfish says, the outline is around all the character.

# 4 12-03-2005 , 11:39 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

I had depth of field turned on for some of the shots which turned out to be the problem.

# 5 12-03-2005 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Glad you found your solution and thank you for sharing it user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."