Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-11-2008 , 01:18 PM
Subscriber

Photoshop CS4

emmm. Does anyone have this issue?
I have a texture PNG assigned to my model and I open the texture by selecting the edit button in the material tab. This will open Photoshop for me so I can edit the texture.
All fine and dandy at this point.
I then finish the PS edit and save but Photoshop tells me that I cant save it as the PNG is already in used or still open and I always have to do a Save As. Then I have to delete the original texture so I can rename the new one to the deleted name, I have to do this evey time I edit a texture in Maya with PS CS4 never had this issue with CS3.

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 02-11-2008 , 01:49 PM
file is being used by maya so it cant write the data, this isnt a bug so to speak. This workflow should work with psd files, dont use png, they are for web and have limited colors.. you should be using tiff or taga. Web formats are a no go.

FX supervisor - double negative