Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-08-2014 , 05:49 AM
bca

Rendering Issue

I got this tank model from a stock. I have been rigging it myself, though am a novice but with tutorials am getting somewhere. It also came with textures and maps which I have tweaked a little bit. However, my problem is the treads. I can't get it to show the texture I applied to it. On the Maya workspace it shows ok but when I render, it washed. Can anybody help figure out what I am missing. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by baguzie2; 07-08-2014 at 05:52 AM.
# 2 07-08-2014 , 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
What renderer are you using and what kind of file is the texture? Is Maya giving you any warnings?

- Genny
# 3 09-08-2014 , 05:21 PM
bca
Genny,
I think I figured out the problem. ITs the mia materials the author used. I have replaced it with maya and the render is fine.
However, I know you helped in the scripting issue. While the problem was solved, I noticed another serious problem and that is when i move the tank, it treads rotate accordingly on the path. Later down the road, some tread lose their upVector position and flip. I can live with this as long as I am not doing a long movement however, I would like to find a solution to it. I will send you the file as I did before if you like to look at it. thanks again for always helping.

# 4 09-08-2014 , 06:00 PM
The thin red line
Have you follow a tutorial for the rigging.................dave

# 5 11-08-2014 , 04:10 PM
bca
Dave not entirely, bits and pieces. The rigging I was doing was a tutorial I was trying to adapt. The script was not working well and I could not contact the author.

# 6 11-08-2014 , 06:04 PM
The thin red line