Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-07-2006 , 03:27 AM

stupid easy beginner question (I hope) - attribute editor

hey guys, im new here... im trying to teach myself some maya by reading some books and stuff, so far its going really great, till i figured out I am having this little problem. I couldn't find anything leading to an answer anywhere after hours of searching, so I thought i'd see if some experienced users could be kind and give me a hand maybe. I searched on google for some forums, and this is the first active forum that came up.

So I am having trouble with the attribute editor window, it wont display all of the attributes for something I select. It will only show the first 5 or so attributes and the rest are cut off. If I scroll down I can see all the different catagories of attributes, but the individual attributes in a catogory aren't always there. For example, a tutorial I was trying to follow had me applying materials to objects for my first time, when I tried to put a 2 dimensional grid texture onto an object, it told me to alter a few of its color options, but I could not see those particular options, or find them anywhere - even though they appeared on the screen capture in the example and in the instructions. I followed the instructions very closely, and even tried starting over a few times to see if I did something wrong, but I got the same thing every time.

For all of the basic beginer work I have done so far, I have been editing attributes in the channel box, or I didn't even realize there were more attributes available that were getting cut off. Does anyone know why this might be happening? or what I could try to do about it? I am out of ideas. Thanks for reading my plea, I appreciate it.

# 2 09-07-2006 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber
well you might have history turned off ..it is a toggle so you can turn it off and on ...i have included a pic ..make sure you just click it off and on...

the on position it is pushed in ..hope that helps ...

if that is not the answer please post a pic so we can see what is happening

Attached Thumbnails