Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-05-2014 , 10:41 AM

Rendering to viewport 2.0?

Is there a way to make the viewport 2.0 to render the same way everything as it is when using the mental-ray to do rendering? So that I can see it in live mode.

# 2 26-05-2014 , 02:22 AM
EduSciVis-er
You mean get the same render in real-time that mental ray gives when you hit render? Not really, otherwise it would just give you that in real-time all the time. You could look into a GPU render to try to get more realtime results with low samples, like Octane, but is there a specific feature that Viewport 2.0 isn't giving you that you want?

# 3 26-05-2014 , 09:49 PM

You mean get the same render in real-time that mental ray gives when you hit render? Not really, otherwise it would just give you that in real-time all the time. You could look into a GPU render to try to get more realtime results with low samples, like Octane, but is there a specific feature that Viewport 2.0 isn't giving you that you want?

I wanted to be able to see in viewport the glowing effects that you can see when rendering with Mental-ray.

# 4 26-05-2014 , 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Glows are software post effects so no. Start cranking out some test renders.

- Genny
# 5 27-05-2014 , 04:35 AM
Technical Director
Glowing? Do you mean final gathering and global illumination?

No, those things are very computationally expensive (hence why renders take so long to complete)

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 27-05-2014 , 08:34 PM
So this isn't possible, oh well, thanks for your replies. =)