Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-04-2007 , 11:40 AM

Render problems

Hello,
I have a problem with rendering a movie. I´ve downloaded the tutorial of mtmckinley. In this tutorial he explaines it´s better to render a movie with Targa-files instead of avi.
My problem is that i´m only able to render avi files into a movie. But my computer renders each file single so that i´ll get for a 60 frames-movie 60 pictures. I´ve also tried to set the "Frame/Animation Ext" to "multi frame" but I´m not able to select it.
Thanks.
Here´s a visual example of my problem:

Attached Thumbnails

Hä?
# 2 26-04-2007 , 12:16 PM
Thats right, you need to make the targa sequence into a movie using another peice of software, say video mach, Adobe after effects, Premier, Avid etc etc

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 26-04-2007 , 12:21 PM
So I´ll be possible to copy the Targa-files into the movie program or will Maya automaticly notice the movie program and allow me to render multi-targa-frames?

Hä?
# 4 26-04-2007 , 12:37 PM
You open say videomach and thern tell it to look for a sequence of images, it then compiles them into an animation so that you can then renderit out as a movie. Its a sepperate process to rendering and nothing to do with maya once the images are rendered.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 26-04-2007 , 01:04 PM
Ah, ok

Thank you very much :attn:

Hä?