Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 14-08-2010 , 05:08 PM
Lifetime Member
Money isnt everything ben...and soon it will be mid 40 to 50 celsius up there...not fun. Dont forget the Taxman over here gets a good chunk o that!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 32 14-08-2010 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
I know. Though sounds good to me and where I am at the moment. Be good if u can enter the challenge bullet. Ive been registered on here since july 2008, and this is the first challenge ive had the guts to enter. Never thought I was good enough before, still dont really,but am psyched for this one in terms of things I want to learn from it.

# 33 14-08-2010 , 06:31 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think the "I'm not good enough" mentality is a real negative thing for things like these challenges.
Of course when you're working on a project, you should be thinking "make it better, make it better" but to be worried or embarrassed about putting work on these forums is nonsense.

I don't think I've ever seen a really nasty comment from this community. Even if you don't think your stuff is any good (and I should know, cause I'm very self-critical), you might get some very good criticism on how to make it better. Things you might not have noticed. I do find it intimidating when the really experienced people are putting up stunning work, but I know I'm in it to learn more, not to win.

So on that note, and never having produced an organic mesh that I didn't think was total crap, I'm going to join this challenge, and you (meaning everyone) should too, if you can spare just a few hours.

# 34 14-08-2010 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Here here stwert and well said. Didnt mean to come across negative,just wanted to pull bullet.

# 35 14-08-2010 , 09:28 PM
Lifetime Member
Well said stwert...no I have never knocked SM mate...this is the BEST (I mean that) site mate. There are no real ego's here and everyone is super.

Yeh ben you got me....Im in..stuff it. The real excuse I have is commitment to the time. with the hours I do motivation is the problem. I literally am the walking dead most days.

Count me in gster....I will give it a go...you are all buggers!!!! I will do (there is no try,,do or do not..Yoda..Dagobah).

I hope I have made 1 of you happy......................love bullet.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 36 14-08-2010 , 10:49 PM
EduSciVis-er
Well I didn't intend to pressure you in bullet, I mean, if you don't have time, you don't have time, that's a reasonable enough excuse for anyone. However, if anyone's holding back because of their perceived ability, that's not a good excuse.

Anyway, glad you decided to join, bullet, but don't kill yourself working overtime. Better a live artist than looking like one of the entries.

# 37 15-08-2010 , 12:56 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahahah I already do stwert....my missus is calling me grandpa....bloody woman.

Nah I will have the job Im on finished this week (3D wise) so I will have some time to live I hope.

I will give it a shot....just have to come up with a concept..and get a wriggle on..tweety is already finished.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 38 15-08-2010 , 08:35 AM
Subscriber
Loving that your in .. But I am no where near finished.

My new job takes up a lot of my spare time now and I only really get one day of to play so don`t think I`ll be zipping though this one in a hurry. Its the reason I did not want to sit there and come up with an idea - just tweaking someone else's idea is a much quicker option as long as the rules allow it.

But I always say if you can come up with an idea enter the challenges. They really are the best way to learn and grow as an artiest. This place (the site) has shown me nothing but love and support and I really believe this site has made my work better.

# 39 15-08-2010 , 08:55 AM
Lifetime Member
I really couldnt find anything...thinking of designing the Black Slayer...see how I go. Good luck Tweety...you are off to a good start!

Yes it is a top site this one.

cheers bullet

bullet1968