Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-08-2008 , 08:51 PM

Paint Skin Weights tool

Hi Guys

I am almost lost in this tool and was wondering if someone can tell me an easier way to use this. I am modeling a face for expressions and have various individual joints on the face to pull the face parts. eg. I have three individual joints on the eye brow to pull this up after which I will be creating blend shapes.

(I have smooth binded these joints to the skin)

My problem is that when I use the smooth option of the Paint Weights tool to smoothen the surface after pulling these joints, I do not get the same type of result I would with Sculpt Geometry tool.

I have Added, Smoothed individual joints to get the smooth flow of lines, but some vertices (in between two joints) refuse to fall in line.

Any suggestions?

GP:attn: