Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-01-2009 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber

Mac Maya Vs PC Maya

Hi there,

I've decided to finally get into Maya.

I've worked in 3D for a while now and while my job is primarily based in arch-vis, I have always had a big interest in character modelling/animation which I recently started looking into.

I mainly use Max and C4D, but it seems Maya is much more favoured for game/movie work and I also like the look of it's Zbrush workflow.

So my question is, are there any differences between the Mac version of 2009 Unlimited and the PC version?

I would much prefer to work in OS X but I don't want to get a Mac license if there are benefits of using it on the PC. In terms of workflow it's not an issue since I only plan to use it with Zbrush and will pick up the same OS version as I do for Maya.

I did a Google on this and could only find threads back when UL wasn't available for Mac.

I suppose I could try it on both systems but it would be great to get the advice from experienced users.

Many thanks

# 2 17-01-2009 , 12:48 AM
Jr.Who
There shouldn't be any differences.

# 3 17-01-2009 , 12:55 AM
Subscriber
Fantastic, exactly what I wanted to hear!

Thanks for the quick response.

# 4 18-01-2009 , 02:53 AM
In my experience the only difference between Mac and PC Maya versions have been minor control ones--Mostly mouse buttons, but you really shouldn't see anything else. As far as performance/power they're equal.

~I have no idea what I'm doing~