Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-10-2015 , 08:32 AM

problem with rigging

Hey there ..... I'm a little bit new to maya and the world of CG in general and having some issue with the rigging as when I start animation the rigged object seems to move a little faster than the rest of the model and they get separated and the distance between the rigged object and the model increases as long as I am moving the model .... images attached
thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-10-2015 , 01:11 PM
EduSciVis-er
It looks like you have a double transform going on. This happens when you have two things influencing the translate of an object, and so both influences compound each other. In this case, you probably have a group of geometry, so the motion of cart (or cart group) is driving the arm forward, but the cart is also driving the joints' positioning, which in turn is driving the position of the arm, so you have two things moving the arm. A fix might be to ungroup or unparent the arm from the rest of the stuff, and so you only have the binding of the joint to the arm. Hope that makes sense. It's kind of hard to get your head around, but it makes sense when you think about what is determining the position of what.

# 3 16-10-2015 , 01:38 PM

It looks like you have a double transform going on. This happens when you have two things influencing the translate of an object, and so both influences compound each other. In this case, you probably have a group of geometry, so the motion of cart (or cart group) is driving the arm forward, but the cart is also driving the joints' positioning, which in turn is driving the position of the arm, so you have two things moving the arm. A fix might be to ungroup or unparent the arm from the rest of the stuff, and so you only have the binding of the joint to the arm. Hope that makes sense. It's kind of hard to get your head around, but it makes sense when you think about what is determining the position of what.

It worked user added image ...... thank you so much, man you are a life savior It was kind of a task given to me and I needed to finish it .... thank you so much again I appreciate your help user added image