Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 05-09-2004 , 07:17 AM
EvoxReloaded
hecks yea... im a total noob to 3d cg though.. when i jumped into maya i had no idea.... but thanx to alot of help from the peeps here @ SM (Mckinely for most) im learning.. not fast or anything but i am doing it.. Thanx you guys!! BTW my lighting may suck but its so simple to get lighting looking good.. i will put more time into it but its simple..

# 17 05-09-2004 , 11:03 PM
Subscriber
Really nice lighting. Its where I really have trouble, along with textures i guess. Did you use the 3 pt tutorial here as a basis? Sometimes i get it to produce wonderful renders, others it seems to fall apart.

I saw somewhere that you get better effects dividing the intensity between several slightly angled lights. It gives a kind of softness to the lighting.

Have you used multiple lights here or just the basic 3 pt rig?

# 18 06-09-2004 , 03:34 AM
EvoxReloaded
i did make 3 lights but it was just placement.. if you use high quality while setting up your scene you can see kinda how the light will look before rendering so you can line it up... i dont think i can get that tut from here as im not a subscriber... anywho just place them 2 spots and 1 directional... i finally got a book.. Introducing Maya 6 : 3D For Beginners.. anyone know how good it is as far as building skill??

# 19 07-09-2004 , 02:52 AM
Subscriber
Nice 1, Evox. Simple but effective user added image

# 20 07-09-2004 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
agreeing what ayelar said....try to fix the area around the eyes...or don't even cut out the eyes and use bump/texture to make the eyes... nice scene tho :bandit:

# 21 07-09-2004 , 06:06 PM
EvoxReloaded
im still learning and i have nothing to go by.... im picking up how to use maya and model 3d as i go along... i just do what i think should be done...