Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 01-12-2004 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
can you explain what settings you used when rendering thoes test images, was it mental ray?
what did you have for settings to make it look clay-like like that

# 17 01-12-2004 , 02:56 AM
Hey TurboDan. About the renders, I'm afraid it's nothing real fancy. Yes, it is Mental Ray. I have a poly sphere wraped around the scene with an HDRI image of a sky on its ambient color. Then I just turned off the visibility of that sphere, and set my render settings to global illumination and final gather. Just make sure to set a light in there with 0 intensity so Maya doesn't make it's default light. And render away. There are some pretty good tutorials on www.learningmaya.com you can take a look at.

# 18 01-12-2004 , 03:10 AM
i just have one thing to say: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!
how may i ask you you get it to look so realistic? i can never seem to get that touch too it that pushes it over the edge