Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 17-05-2003 , 08:02 PM
Peter:

Sorry bout the "everybody's gone" kidding, I hope you understand I didn't mean to be rude, or anything alike.
The fact is that I don't have contact with noboby that can help me with Maya (reading the help documents and manuals is not often enough to answer my doubts and I find it confusin sometimes) so this site (SM) have been the most useful tool to help me learn (I am very grateful for that). Maybe you're right and I've been relying too much on this and should pay more attention to the information I already have (the docs). I'll do it.
But I also feel that it have been useful for me to try to do something on my own and next post a thread to see how other folks would do that. Again maybe I abused the use of that... If that's so, sorry.
I apologize and am grateful for you have alerted me (excuse if my grammar is wrong) and I will try to be more proper next times.

By the way, thanks for your answer: I had already tried to enter values in the rotate, scale and translate boxes and it helped a lot, but to achieve the exact scale values to fit the the proper size of the box seems very difficult, for that's why I imagined to draw a curve and tell Maya to use it as a reference for positioning. I was just wondering if there was such a way...
The suggestion you gave about using Photoshop would be a good way to avoid the aliasing problem, wouldn't it?

Thx for everything.

Mário.

:bgreen:

Last edited by said; 17-05-2003 at 08:05 PM.
# 17 17-05-2003 , 08:06 PM
Gotta love this site´s atmosphere.
I don´t know yet how would you achieve such an effect, but can´t it be done manually?

# 18 17-05-2003 , 08:25 PM
Yes...

# 19 20-05-2003 , 12:08 AM
Adl: I just made it manually and discovered that moving the pivot point of the strings before duplicating them creates an effect very close to what I wanted. Now it's much easier to do...

Thx

Mário.

# 20 20-05-2003 , 12:18 AM
I also used production quality in the anti-aliasing section of the render globals and it solved my aliasing problem...