Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-07-2006 , 11:35 PM

Cartoon character - Ranky

Hi everyone

Well this is my recent project, a cartoon character designed by a friend of mine.

I called I'm Ranky, it was the first name that come out first to me. Any suggestion for a better name I'll be thankfull?

Best Regards

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 2 11-07-2006 , 01:46 AM
Subscriber
looks cool, cant wait to see progress user added image

# 3 11-07-2006 , 10:44 PM
Thanks for the backup errethabe

Here is the progress....
Sorry, my computer is overloaded right now, and when I smooth the character the computer crashes....but very soon I post an update smoothed

Hope you like it user added image

Best Regards

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 4 12-07-2006 , 05:32 PM
there is not much to say on this one since it doesnt show up much.looks like a good start.can you post a wire.i like the drawing a lot lot!its got style. keep it up.

# 5 12-07-2006 , 07:23 PM
Hi

Here it is the wire mc-flury....I'm just doing the mental ray rendering, probably won't take long....soon I will post it

Best Regards

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 12-07-2006 , 08:32 PM
Hi

Here it is the render....I'm still practice my render skills, sorry for the bad quality.

Best Regards

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 12-07-2006 , 08:35 PM
...you might take a look a some topology cuz you only took a sphere a you deformed it.

# 8 13-07-2006 , 11:57 AM

Originally posted by mc-fleury
...you might take a look a some topology cuz you only took a sphere a you deformed it.

Hi

Thanks for the advice mc-fleury user added image

I just started to model the character, but yeah, I have to make it more shaped....I think I'll try to use Zbrush for this project, I hope I can make it better

Best Regards

Gamester

# 9 17-09-2006 , 01:34 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry for the long time not post update the character.....but I was in vacations and I didnt have a computer near

Here It is a update for the ranky project

Crits are welcome

Best Regards

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails