Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-06-2007 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber

Mental ray

Does anyone know how to install custom shaders and lenses in mental ray. I'm on a mac and I can't find the dirrectories that are mentioned in the installation instructions of custom shaders such as the lib folder and include folder. In fact I can't find any mental ray folder on my coputer at all. Is this different because Im on a mac. My mental ray wroks fine. Please help.

Thanks,

# 2 27-06-2007 , 08:05 AM
Subscriber
To get to the Mentalray shaders etc. you need to left click the create node tab (hightlighted in red) and select "create mentalray nodes" from the dropdown.

They are the only mentalray shaders that come with Maya, there is a shader library on the extras disc which you need to install seperately but it's not mentalray specific.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 27-06-2007 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
I know how to do that but I'm trying to add custom 3rd party shaders like from highend 3d and such. I just need to know where the dirrectories are on a mac.

# 4 27-06-2007 , 10:22 AM
Subscriber
No worries,

the directories are wherever you put them, I created a directory in my maya folder and called it downloaded.

Hopefully THIS (2.75Meg) will help you out. It's a short video showing how to create a tab in hypershade.

Take it easy,

Mat.

Last edited by happymat27; 27-06-2007 at 10:25 AM.
# 5 27-06-2007 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot.