Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-06-2003 , 02:15 PM

Set driven key with lattice and joints

Hey guys... I was thinking about rigging a character with set driven key and lattices. I plan on putting alot of work into this so I can put it on my animation section of my demoreel... I decided to use a female body... What do you think for my first test?? THanks,
Brian

Attached Files
File Type: zip arm test.zip (153.0 KB, 245 views)

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 04-06-2003 , 03:09 PM
Hey guys.... having a problem... i just switched to Maya 5 from 4... I tried to make an IK Constraint just like you would in Maya 4, but it doesn't work the same... Wondering if anybody Knows how to solve this.... Well... IF i move the root joint the Ik handle stays in the same place, but the joint associated does not, it stays with the root.... Any idea why? Is there a way to change this? Thanks for your time,
Brian

I have attached an image of what happens when I move my root Joint BTW I also noticed that the joints change color as well..

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 04-06-2003 , 04:15 PM
Got it fixed sorry, forgot to change some of my prefs when I installed Maya 5. Thanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 04-06-2003 , 07:36 PM
um... here is what the girl looks like right now... I was thinking about modeling a tight black full leather suit, and giveing here a black motorcycle Helmet... What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 04-06-2003 , 09:26 PM
decided to put this aside for a while... going to enter this Mo's competition. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!