Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-03-2004 , 10:56 AM
Subscriber

I bought a video game!

See that? All this 3D CG stuff is turning me into a teenager again!

After a few months of building models, rigging, animating, lighting, rendering etc. I decided to see what the whole computer game thing was about and downloaded a WWII shooting game called "Call of Duty" (I'm a bit of a WWII history buff)... I played the demo and enjoyed it so much that I bought the game. After playing a couple of missions, I decided to try it out multiplayer style... now that IS fun!!!

Just wanted to let you know what you're all doing to me here. If this keeps up, I'll be buying Lego again.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 2 09-03-2004 , 10:59 AM
Kevin
call of duty - awesome game if a little short! you will enjoy it user added image

the beach landing is fantastic, turn the surround sound up full

# 3 09-03-2004 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
C.O.D. rules user added image

I played Medal of Honor since it came out, also got all the expansion packs... but C.O.D. is even better than M.O.H. user added image
Multiplayer always is more fun than single player / mission...

whatever!
# 4 09-03-2004 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
Kevin: This is a great game for sure... the AI seems decent, but the fellow soldiers can be a bit of a pain in the buttox as they clog up doorways and so on.

genius: Multiplayer is absolutely so much fun... I was playing on a server with some obvious 'experts'... very satisfying to snipe one from a window or sneak up behind a firefight and take down both combatants.

I see the game has mod support, so I am beginning to wonder just how far that goes... maybe it's possible to create maps and characters! I'd have the time of my life with that!

# 5 09-03-2004 , 11:09 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by rich
Kevin: This is a great game for sure... the AI seems decent, but the fellow soldiers can be a bit of a pain in the buttox as they clog up doorways and so on.

just shoot them mate.... let nothing stand in your way!

# 6 09-03-2004 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
just shoot them mate.... let nothing stand in your way!

hmmm... I think I don't want Kevin on my team when I'm in a multiplayer deathmatch user added image

It's indeed very statisfying when you kill a "expert" in a deathmatch user added image I'm not an expert yet in C.O.D. , but in M.O.H., I usually finish in the top-3 user added image ... well... I used to finish in the top-3, but I wasn't able to play the game for quite a while now, too busy with other things user added image (oh... and NFS Underground was very addicting too user added image)

whatever!
# 7 09-03-2004 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber
Kev, you scare me mate.

[Note-to-self: Do not do business with Kev]

# 8 09-03-2004 , 10:12 PM

Multiplayer is absolutely so much fun... I was playing on a server with some obvious 'experts'

Ive heard alot of the half life elites (and I mean crazy crazy crazy too good to even live kinda elite) have moved over to COD so their are bound to be loads of amasing people from what i can tell.

Dont surpose any of you still play half life online? user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 9 10-03-2004 , 12:51 AM
Ive been playing Americas Army. Very descent FPS, best of all completly free. Paid for by uncle sam. Some hackers run rampent but they do on any game. The game play is much more drawn out than Counterstrike or other FPS i hear.

And yeah need for speed underground is incredibly addicting, but once you learn the basics or have been playing all of them its incredibly easy to the point of domination.

# 10 10-03-2004 , 02:20 PM
Has anyone tried any MMORPG's? I'm thinking of getting World of Warcraft when I get broadband. Looks pretty cool.

# 11 10-03-2004 , 02:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
I tried Star Wars Galaxies and was very disapointed. I'm a bit wary of MMORGs now... I might give WoW a go after I hear some feedback from friends who plan on getting it.

# 12 11-03-2004 , 04:52 PM
games are just for geegs pal

# 13 13-03-2004 , 06:39 AM
deepakrock... keep your opinions to yourself if they're going to resort to name calling. I happen to be an avid gamer and NO, they are not just for "geeks".

Want to learn 3D? Then learn its history as well. The 3D you see in movies today all stem from a little thing called PONG (btw guys, did you know a BAER invented pong? user added image ).

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by it, but watch what you say. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 14 13-03-2004 , 02:12 PM
The Maya Mountain
Games are also a job, which I thoroughly enjoy getting paid for. user added image
I may be a geek, but a happy geek.