Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-07-2004 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber

Spare time thing...catwoman

HAvent got started on it yet.. workign 12 hours a day here it seems.. and taking care of a baby'll do taht to ya..but.. My next side project thing, i think i'ma model cat woman.. kinda got this thing for halle berry, ..and that leather...yea...anyway.. soon as i finish getting ref images and hacve time to start on it around life and my other two or three projects ( which i'll post here shortly if i can) i'll post some work on the catwoman model..

Till then.. i suppose this is just a 'teaser' if you will

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 2 21-07-2004 , 07:02 AM
Subscriber
ej Legend..What's up man! kinda hectic life you have atm user added image looking forward to see it progress... and oh...what kind of refs are you exactlly looking for ?

btw..are allways doing two or three projects at the same time ?

something like:

- Mainproject user added image
- Sideproject user added image
- Side sideproject user added image
- Sideproject from sideproject user added image
- user added image

# 3 22-07-2004 , 03:12 AM
Subscriber
i got images of the catwoman getup i can use i think.. i need some good pics of halle berry though.. i'll probably look for them tomorrow.. just got off work a minute ago.. pulled 16 hours today.. worn the hell out...
have a good night..

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 25-07-2004 , 10:11 PM
Technical Director
Can't wait for updates!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 01-08-2004 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
ransick..
to answer that last question.. yea.. alot of times i am..
i gotta post my others in the wip forum soemtime, .. havent goten aroudn to it..
right now i'm working on the catwoman thing.. a mech ( as cliche as it is).. some houses... and a " creature" as yet unnamed.. got the ref for it off a dnd sight.. concept is in no way mine on teh creature.. jsut thought it'd be somethign cool to model, and hone my skillz with..

i figure, i'm doing it on my own time.. when i work on a few things at once, if i get fed up wiht one, or it gets too manotonous after a few days, i can start on another one again, come back fresh with new ideas.. keeps me from being all ".. ok..its not working, i dont wanna finish" or somethign.. makeing it longer fo rme to come back to it....

anyway.. heres what i got on teh catwoman thing so far.. not much at all really..

lemme know what ya thing.. any advice is good advice user added image

Legend

Attached Images

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!

Last edited by G-Man; 01-08-2004 at 06:24 PM.
# 6 01-08-2004 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
yikes! NURBS. good luck.
i's a little to early at this stage to give you any Crit or advice, keep working on it and post updates.

# 7 01-08-2004 , 07:41 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Considering the stage you're at right now, even this rough it looks promising, not sure I'd do it in nurbs though either!!!

_J

# 8 01-08-2004 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
yea.. i got to talking wiht mike, and converted it all to poly's, spent about an hour cleaning the mesh up, and joined the arm and leg on to the body, got rid of teh breasts, gonna start them over tonight hopefully.. the arm, i'ma start over on too.. i'll post a new update tonigth if i have enough time to get anythign done on it worth showing..if not..in teh next few days.. or so..

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 9 03-08-2004 , 02:39 AM
Subscriber
heres a new one.. Not much different really then the last image i posted of it.. just converted it to poly's.. teh far right is the smoothed version..

still got a few kinds in the breasts.. cant seem to get the sharp edges out of them .. not sure why yet.. any suggestions?...
they are better then the globular structures i had to begin with i think..lol

having a hell of a time with the arms.. tried using a cylinder.. nurbs adn poly both.. tried a cube.. just cant get it right at all...any sugestions?..

might start workign on the clothing here tomorrow, jsut to take a break on teh body. not sure yet.. figure theres some of it i can do, to see what all detail i need to cut out in the body.. .. liek the legs, are goign to be mostly covered, so i'm nto worried about them being too detailed...

Hope teh poly's look better in everyone's opinion then the nurbs did..

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 10 03-08-2004 , 02:46 AM
Subscriber
...forgot to post the image...>.<
Legend

Attached Images

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 05-08-2004 , 02:40 AM
Subscriber
nother few pics..

tweaked on the body a bit more.. smothed it out some what...cleaned the wire up somemore on some thigns i'd missed...

modeled the arms.. real low poly model, but..the arms'll be covered up mostly anyway, so..no big deal really...same with teh legs.. no reason to add poly's and detail that wont be seen eh?..

Crits & coments welcome..

hopefully tomorrow, i'll have time to start the head or feet one..

Legend

Attached Images

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 12 05-08-2004 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
another view

Attached Images

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 13 05-08-2004 , 04:14 AM
Technical Director
Cool but I think that you have too much topology for the crotch area.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.