Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-09-2004 , 08:09 AM

Boolean operation

Hello, there. I have a question about the boolean operation. If someone can help me... So the problem is , why sometimes when I do an union (or intersection...) my poly mesh disappears? It is quite... user added image

If someone got the solution... Thanks

# 2 09-09-2004 , 09:12 AM
Subscriber
From what i can gather, theres quite a few things that can make a mesh do this :bored:

But the first thing to try i think is to check that the normals are all facing outwards :

Display > Polygon Components > Short Normals

check if all the spike are facing out of ur mesh

"Everybody loves a joker, But no one likes a fool"
# 3 09-09-2004 , 09:16 AM
Subscriber
deteting the objects history also can help.

also make sure there is a leat one edge acrst where they wil intersect on both objects.

and last but not lest.. if the poly count gets up to high on one of the objects.. it confuses it to much it seams.. At least this has bean my expirance.

# 4 09-09-2004 , 04:27 PM
Thanks both for your help, I will check this. But I know it is not because of the history because I deleted it before the operation. In fact I made a first union. All seemed OK and when I did the second union... BUG...

I will try tonight. Thanks