Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 31-10-2004 , 12:36 PM

[Cartoondog] Union boolean operation

Hi guys,

A week ago I only could dream about me was modeling a dog, now i'm actually doing it --> thanks to Kurt!! :p

But, now im stuck in videotut3, having a problem with the Onion boolean operation tool... When Kurt clicks on Onion the wireframe becomes lightgreen and all the isoparms connect each other. When I click on Union only the cursor changes... the 2 polys (neck and head are still 2 parts and not 1..

I've checked some threads to solve my problem:

Changed Merge Vertex distance to 4.000
Done it with clicking ENTER, without...

nothing helped...

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance

Last edited by keskin_kilic; 31-10-2004 at 12:42 PM.
# 2 31-10-2004 , 03:04 PM
Hi...

First off make sure the object is a polygone and that the edges are turly intersecting through each other. If its still not working go to Edit Polygons> normals and select> conform >then set to face then try again..

If that dont work either post up the MB file and I'll take a look, booleans are very feniky some times.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 31-10-2004 , 05:33 PM
Hi Kurt,

and that the edges are turly intersecting through each other.

DOH! Not all the vertices were intersecting the other shape....

:o

Yes.... stupid me!!!

Thanx again!