Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-11-2004 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber

Liquid in a bowl

I'm trying to create a liquid in a bowl and have an object fall into the bowl with splash out. I've used the pond tool and the wake tool. My first problem is the pond goes thru the bowl. How do you keep the pond inside the bowl, and create splash out of the liquid. Maybe my approach to the problem is all wrong. Could someome please HELP, I might add,I am a rookie with Maya's dynamatics

# 2 26-11-2004 , 10:03 AM
I've seen an example done that was something similar to that. I think the water surface was a SoftBody object, and there was an Air Field connected to the falling object, so that it would push on the water as it came closer and form a wake. For the splash itself going upward I'm guessing, blobby surfaces perhaps? From an emitter in the water set to go off when the object hits?

# 3 27-11-2004 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber

dynamics

Thanks Calvin for the replay. I'm just getting my feet wet with Maya's dynamic tools. I've watched AWs tutorial on fluids effects but I'm still trying to understand it all. THANKS again

You're only limited by your creativity

Last edited by meshue; 28-11-2004 at 04:11 PM.