Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-06-2005 , 06:19 AM
Subscriber

Poly smooth

If i smooth my poly...then accidentally delete the history...is there a way to get it back down to its base smooth?

# 2 09-06-2005 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber
Start again user added image

I don't think you can, but then again, I'm no expert. I make it a habit save my progress i.e. file01, file02 file03 etc My way of extra protection just in case I do something silly.

Cheers
Paul

# 3 09-06-2005 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
i save incrementing files too...but i've had this happen to me before and i was just hoping there was a way...i'll just have to be more careful then user added image

# 4 29-06-2005 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber

Poly Smooth

If you haven't closed the file you could always CNTL+Z to undo your delete history, or you could try to add another smooth node (apply- polygons-smooth- again) to your model and then go the the channel box and access the smooth node and change the divisions back to "0" instead of 4 or what ever it is set at.

good luck

# 5 30-06-2005 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
i know i can undo...but i mean if it crashes or something else...i tried applying the poly smooth to it again...took 15 mins of it doing the calculation (i had smooth 3 on...had the deleted history...did another smooth 3...smooth 6 altogether...reeeeeeealy bad thing to do!!!) didnt help though :p