Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-11-2005 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber

Where to start??

I'm in the mood for modeling a spacedoc or space station or something in that fashion. Have been for the last year, but you know...
I have a totlly cubical engineering mind, and love when things are tidy and vertices are all on grid intersections.
Organic modeling just wreck havoc on my mind!!!
I can't sketch for sh## and I'm out of inspiration.
I want to put in alot of details, but I don't know where to start.

Would you recomend starting whit a cube, and take it from there, or start making detailed pieces first, and then make something to put it on?

I didn't find any category for "creative process" and since I'm doing it whit polys, I put it here user added image

-DX-
# 2 01-12-2005 , 09:13 AM
Personally I'd say try using a cube, block the main areas in and take it from there. Just dive in headfirst and have fun user added image

Saying that I'm still trying to find a modelling technique and can get stuck with the initial start too :p

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net