Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 106 02-08-2006 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
...Damn...too bad i was on vacation while you were sitting in the nude working on that.. I Missed such a good opertnuity on that one.. >>.<<

Nah, Seriously bro, Still comming along nice...
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 107 02-08-2006 , 08:42 AM
Coming along great there Jay.

I love going in the water, especially down in Newquay with me surf board when I get the chance! But I tell ya up here we just had the Salford Triathlon, you couldent PAY me to swim in Salford Quays let alone do it for fun (ever seen black foamy water??)

# 108 02-08-2006 , 10:27 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Thanks Guys

Mmm nice sounding water.

gster: Im off to Haven for hols later this year, not sure about the surf down there, though Newquay isnt far from there....hehehe

Jay

# 109 03-08-2006 , 09:22 PM
Hi Guys

Update, few adjustments were required on the uvs and a small seam to deal with still. Onto the other leg/foot then bump map.

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 110 04-08-2006 , 12:46 AM
Subscriber
Jay, the textures on your hand are awsome...you only used pics of your wrinkles on the texture? the rest is all custom brushes? have you seen Nagel brushes for skin?

# 111 04-08-2006 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
such a contentious area, everyones feet are different. to me the ankles and heel are out of proportion, i know my words are being blown away in the wind, but...

the texture is incredible, as with the proportions, all people have different textured feet, you have captured the British foot perfectly, no outback in Briton to make your feet like leather.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 112 04-08-2006 , 07:41 AM
Mirek: Paranoia my friend is not good. All words of crit are welcome, when people talk the talk you can smell it a mile off, in your case, your experience in Maya may be less than others but you are 'there' in terms of art. So your words are not blown away.

I myself have a couple of issues on this piece, the toes are not great and will get a tweak once this body texture is finished. With regards to the heal and ankle proportions, if you look at the far foot its actually pretty good, so it may well be the angle, I will have a look however at the model anyway. Perhaps the heel needs to come out more for more of a weighty feel on the downward pressure off the body. I'm trying to push myself on this and get it as best as I can within my ability as a 3d artist. Its not easy with the eyes of others watching, I'll always post big pics for the eye to pick out my crap, somedays you have to live up to expectations, somedays not. I will have a 'butchers' tonite.

Minstrel: Yeah Nagel series brushes are cooool! I actually recommned them on the GI texturing DVD so.... But as good as they are I've made my own, because then Im getting what I want exactly, and dont have to fart about with other peoples settings.

Cheers Guys
Jay

# 113 04-08-2006 , 09:53 AM
Subscriber
yea i would agree the far foot is in there, i saw that after i wrote the piece so it had me confused as to perspective as an issue more than the model. your artistry as a 3D artist is never in doubt.
as far as my paranoia, just be thankful you don't have to live with it.. lol user added image

actually i meant we all see things differently and i expect you to be ahead of me (assumptions are dangerous) i never meant you wouldn't listen, i just meant you have your own eyes no matter what is suggested by who as does any director. this is your movie my friend. user added image (he says trying to justify)

and i certainly agree with what you said, i saw exactly the same thing. but the forground ankle looks a little swollen and i think that is all, from there it is nothing short of near perfect.

maybe i should offer more crit rather than let it go as another's movie.
cheers mate user added image

and thanks for that Jay, i appreciate your comment on my eye, thank you.

# 114 04-08-2006 , 10:14 AM
To me honest crit is better than 'glossing' over work. Yeah we all do it , but the honest stuff no matter how much it hurts us, is always the best to move forward

Jay

# 115 04-08-2006 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
yea, will do user added image i will assume nothing user added image

# 116 04-08-2006 , 11:17 PM
Well done seaming tonight, though nearly done, I've decided to do the Vest Top, to give myself a break form the 'micro' work

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 117 05-08-2006 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
the shirt is looking pretty good. Is the darkish area between her breasts a sweatmark? If so I'd add some under the armpits as well. Might enhance the rough-tough girl look.

# 118 05-08-2006 , 08:18 PM
No its just crap lighting, I did it real quick with a back light too.

Jay

# 119 05-08-2006 , 10:05 PM
Tweaked...lowered bump value for a softer look...

farbtopf: Im not going to dirty her too much right now as I have to do that for a later time for the story in which she is set

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 120 05-08-2006 , 11:40 PM
Subscriber
Looks pretty cool Jay. I think I prefer the top shirt though. Just my opinion. user added image