Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-06-2006 , 04:19 AM

Help ,,, my wife she hate maya. read the story,,,

Hi guy's, I have big problem. I adore maya 3D animation, but my wife absolutely hates it, as I spend so much time immersed in it. Every time i'm busy with modeling she comes up very grampy and screaming, anyway she is not very happy at all about it.

Don't get me wrong, she loves me a lot, but her attitude towards maya has made me come to the conclusion that all women hate the program. Do you know why? and do you have the same problem with your gf/wife etc? :headbang:

:bow:
# 2 26-06-2006 , 10:40 AM
Subscriber
if i did have a gf i know it would be a problem. even my sister doesnt like me on the computer to often.
i guess girls hate maya cuz it draws boys to it instead of them..hehe.

what would happen if you model your wife in maya (if you are able too), maybe she wont hate it as much....lol user added image

one more thing. dont let her see this thread...haha.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 3 26-06-2006 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber
My wife actually encouraged me to quit my job and enrol in university to do computer animation because she saw how much happier I was being creative with Maya than I was whilst having my soul sucked out by a large banking organization!

There are certainly a few female members on this forum and some very talented and well respected women in the computer animation industry so I don't think that all women hate Maya.

Perhaps it's a computer thing and your wife feels as though you aren't actually doing anything while immersed in Maya, do you think that if your hobby was oil painting and that you spent as much time putting paint on canvas she would be so annoyed? It's important to find a balance between work, hobby and home.

I think that I've rambled enough and hope that you don't get screamed at too much in the future.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 4 26-06-2006 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
I dont have a girl friend or wife, but i think if you would start making money off of what you do she might see it diffrently.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 5 27-06-2006 , 05:38 PM

thanks guys for replay

I think it is not about money. becaue she has very good job. she is manager so she does not think about money. she think about time(?)
but I like so much animation....

# 6 28-06-2006 , 09:22 AM
Subscriber
my girfriend is not too happy when I spend nights in front of the computer. Sometimes she gats quite annoyed but then she also understands that I have to complete projects and stuff. How much time do you spend with maya per week (average)?
Sometimes I thought it would help if the programm wouldn't have a girls name. They should change it to "handsome eric" or "TVX 7001 professional" that would make it harder, at least for my gir,l to take the piss.
In the end if you don't spend all your time in front of the computer your wife has to understand that she has to give you some freedom. Maybe watch a pixar film or something like that with her (kill to bugs at once taking her for a night out and working on your problem user added image) so she sees the possibilities maya offers.

good luck

# 7 28-06-2006 , 01:47 PM
I am sorry - but this just seems a bit sexist - of course girls don't hate maya. Why would they? As happymat27 has already pointed out, there are a few women members on this site and a number of well respected women in the industry. Sure, it might be male dominated at the moment, but that is bound to change.

It was my girlfriend who got me into maya - and I imagine that there are a lot more women who are into maya and Computer animation and video games than you might think.

It just sounds like you are not spending enough time with your wife. I am sure if you spent some time devoted to her, she might not be so grumpy.
user added image

Last edited by arran; 28-06-2006 at 01:54 PM.
# 8 28-06-2006 , 11:27 PM
you guys not married yet.single life or girlfriend is easy . but when you married. than you have also responsibility to the family so less time to maya and more time to family. that is what happend to me. if you make money from maya that wife will be happy. otherwise you get just alot of stress .............../ but general %99 of women they hate computer and animation. only a few percent of woman are in game or animation. the woman they use computer only for word or excell , the rest is for boy's or man........................, i hope that you don.t understand me in wrong way. but it is what happend to me. any answers?

# 9 29-06-2006 , 09:38 AM
Subscriber
there are no "answers" to this here, I think. We are no psychiatrists. Speak to your wife, be nice to her and if she loves you she'll understand. By the way I've been going out with my girl for seven years now, that's longer than some marriages last. So it's not that different

# 10 29-06-2006 , 10:25 AM
Subscriber

the woman they use computer only for word or excell , the rest is for boy's or man.

Well there you have it, if that's your attitude then of course your wife is going to be annoyed!! I think you said it loud and clear there farbtopf.....

Speak to your wife, be nice to her and if she loves you she'll understand

Cheers,

Mat.