Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 29-10-2006 , 09:01 AM

render....

Hey guys just another render of my car... been fooling around with some settings and seeing where things are going.... the glass material is a little off... if anyone could help me in making a glass shader that would be helpful!!! Thanks
Here ya go!

Render
user added image

Any suggestions would be welcome!!!

# 32 29-10-2006 , 01:48 PM

update...

so pretty much done with everything of course there are some small tweaks here and there!!! But in all this is probably the first model Ive finished!!!! I noticed some things in these pictures that need fixed. I still need to do the BMW symbol, fix the ground floor because its two reflective, the hood needs a little tweaking and the lights need to be worked on cause I havent started on it!! Other than that go ahead an crit it!!!

Front
user added image

Back
user added image

# 33 29-10-2006 , 02:58 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
here i am again :rant:

First of all your model looks(in my opinion)a little to smooth, second of all look at your refference foto's you will see that on the bottom the shape will go a little inward creating a little rounded out shape instead of the box like shape .
third; give the grill a specularcolor (if you haven't already)and turn of all other colors.
- i think that your glass only needs refraction==>under the raytrace tab set it to about 1.4.

i really like your tire/rim thoughuser added image

i've added a picture below to clearify

good luck

edit: the lines are the places that need more definition especially the mirror it's not that smooth there is an arched line there.
you should move forward where the sideviewmirrorhandle meets the actual sideviewmirror .

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mastone; 29-10-2006 at 03:01 PM.
# 34 29-10-2006 , 08:59 PM

appreciate it!!

hey thanks for the help I really appreciate it !!! Ill try to get at what you said!!! Later tonight should be an updated post!!!!
Thanks again!

# 35 30-10-2006 , 04:58 PM

?

no one else has anything to say?