Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-10-2006 , 11:49 AM

timing problem

Can somebody please tell me how I can modify the time between Keyframes once they have been set. I'm trying to make certain parts of the animation move faster or slower, but I have no idea how to increase the frame number between keyframes without everything going bad. If I try scaling, the values change as well. I want the motion to be intact, just slower or faster.

# 2 17-10-2006 , 09:47 AM
in the time slider you should be able to select the keyframes you want to scale by holding shift and LMB dragging to select the keyframes you want scaled (the area will turn red, and keyframes yellow)... in the middle there's two arrows next to each other. this, or anything in just the red area, will move the set of keyframes you've chosen. on either side there's a single arrow. these will only scale their position along the timeline, and shouldn't change any values. now you can make your motion slower or faster.

note: scaling frames like this can cause keyframes to lie on fractional frames... ie if a keyframe was on frame 3, after scaling it is possible for it to be on frame 5.64.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 18-10-2006 , 07:10 AM
Thanks for these quick editing tips, they're really helpful. Sadly, in this particular case, it still refuses to work right user added image. I think the issue is probably with the keyframes, as I placed them in a strange order and the interpolation doesn't scale correctly.