Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-01-2007 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber

mental ray

hi!

i am wanting to render with ambient occlusion in mental ray and changed the option to do so in my file. Then , for some reason when i tried to do so in a new file the mental ray option is not there anymore! maya software, maya hardware and maya vector are still there. can anyone think of why this is as i need to use it?

thank you!

:p

# 2 28-01-2007 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber
hi there m8 not sure why it does this but, go to window tab/then settings/preferences. now go to plugin manager..now go down to maytomr.mll click on auto load and load.
hit refresh and it should be back up user added image

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 3 28-01-2007 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
forgot to say, my ambient occlusion option in the hypershade nodes section has gone too!

i have no idea why!

# 4 28-01-2007 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber
brilliant! they are back!

thank you very much!!!!!!!

:attn:

# 5 28-01-2007 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
I was about to ask this same question, because my mental ray dissapeared, thanks for the help

# 6 28-01-2007 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
user added image no probs

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>