Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-02-2007 , 12:30 AM

shader texture crash

Really weird problem, maya crashes with no error after i click the texture button on a shader. this is exactly what i do:
i make a plane, i make it shaded, then i create either a lambert, phong or blinn (ive tried them all). after that i drop the shader on. then i click the texture box for color and it crashes with no error or anything.
i have maya 8.0, and i have installed the game tools for maya 8 that came from the site the-area

EDIT: fixed it, i pressed 6 before i pressed the texture button and the box opend so now i can place a texture on it. but does anyone know why it suddenly has to do that?

EDIT2: nevermind, not fixed....i put the texture on the default lambert and i wanted to change it and then it crashed when i pressed the button to open the hypershade.

Last edited by kerragan; 02-02-2007 at 12:39 AM.
# 2 02-02-2007 , 12:44 AM
I think i had a similar problem back in maya 4.5. I believe i just reinstalled maya.

Have you tried installing the program again?

# 3 02-02-2007 , 12:51 AM
yea, im just about to reinstall it, by the way, this happened right after i opened a maya 7.0 ascii file from the digitaltutors walkcycle video, is that what caused it somehow?

EDIT: dang i just reinstalled it, same problem though. i think im going to try again this time deleting all prefes and anything else i can find that has maya on it....

EDIT: reinstalled it again, still not working, what do i do?!

EDIT:Fixed it...stupid me...i did't update my gfxcard drivers! Its always the drivers....

Last edited by kerragan; 02-02-2007 at 07:00 AM.