Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-05-2007 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber

Batch renderiing stalls

I need to render a shot that's 375 frames long. I usually use Deadline render manager, although I was having problems with a particular shot, so I decided to use the good-old batch render option in Maya's rendering menu.

That all works fine and dandy, but, after a couple of hours, it hangs. I then have to cancel it, re-enter the frame to begin rendering with and start over again.

I was hoping to have this shot done over night, but that's not going to happen as it'll stall.

Anyone got any ideas how to stop it stalling?

Thanks

# 2 22-05-2007 , 12:19 AM
Not sure why it's stalling, but I would try batch rendering outside of Maya. The Maya interface uses a lot of ram that you don't need for rendering. Try this. Make sure your render settings are set up as you want them. Close Maya, and right-click on your maya file. It should give you a render option, so select that. It should start rendering in DOS.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

# 3 22-05-2007 , 08:41 AM

Originally posted by Dann
Not sure why it's stalling, but I would try batch rendering outside of Maya. The Maya interface uses a lot of ram that you don't need for rendering. Try this. Make sure your render settings are set up as you want them. Close Maya, and right-click on your maya file. It should give you a render option, so select that. It should start rendering in DOS.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

So you right click the maya mb file? I just tried that but did nt get a render option, any chance you could post a screen grab Dann?

Ive been creating a text file with the render flags (for thre rendering engine that I want) with the file extension and then saving that out as a .bat file to render with, never heard of your method, which would be great!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle