Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-07-2007 , 02:06 PM

IKhandle BOXES?!

ok, whenever i make any type of IK handle it makes this HUGE box. it started doing this one day out of the blue for reasons unknown, How do i get rid of this?

Helps Me!
# 2 11-07-2007 , 07:06 PM

novice maya user

what kind of model are you trying to rig?

did you get rid of a previous rigging? sometimes I get the same issue with projects I try to totally redo the rigging..
(go into hypergraph and make sure there isnt anything from previous rigging etc...) also set driven keys.. might have made an issue as well.. but Im not sure.

so now usually i take precautions in everything I do..

like after i finish the model.. I back up the file and put it some where safe, same for the fully textured version etc etc

I dunno whats ure problem entirely.. because I don't have enough information to make any judgment on the issue however.. hopefully sum1 else can help ^^

touchus my weenus?
# 3 15-08-2007 , 02:25 AM

Re: IKhandle BOXES?!

Those "boxes" only appear if you've limited or locked the rotation of any of the joints in the ik chain.

-Michael