Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-11-2007 , 12:50 AM

animation controls

Hi everyone
I am a newbie in the forum and just learning maya. I have a big problem to set up the controls in the character to make an animation. Everything seems to be ok but at the end after grouped all controls I can't move the bones well. It looks very strange. The bones come and the controls are behind as something hold it. I would like to have an idea how I can fix it. It is a test in the university and I am in deadline to render the character.
Thanks
Elenir

# 2 08-11-2007 , 08:07 AM

hmmm...

Simple! Group the controls and the parent them to the corresponding joint. Make that a child of the joint.

EA Games

Last edited by djknucklez1; 08-11-2007 at 08:09 AM.
# 3 08-11-2007 , 08:09 AM

Oh yeah!

Make a group of each control. So, select each control and group it. THen parent the control to the joint.

EA Games
# 4 08-11-2007 , 09:20 AM
It is already done. All the controls are gruped and parent and evrything is in the hipcontrol. I also gruped the root and constrained it ( scale and parent). The IKHandels are constrained on scale separateley. At the end there is a master control which is constrained ( scale and parent) with the hipcontrol and IKHandel.
Thanks
Elenir

# 5 09-11-2007 , 05:13 AM
I would have to look an your hypergraph to see what the problem is.

EA Games
# 6 09-11-2007 , 07:13 AM
I post the file on the animation topic with the subject rigging and controls. If you would like to take a look.
As I didn't have many time I did the animation without controls but it was very hard work and it is not a good job. Anyway I would like to know what is the problem and how can fix it.
Thanks
Elenir

# 7 09-11-2007 , 07:14 AM
Sorry, the subject is rigging and animation
Elenir