Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-12-2007 , 06:59 AM

texturing problems

hey folks,

i've got some weird problems with displaying the right textures in my project.

i've got a plane (textured with asphalt jpg) and aother plane, textured with grass, and it's displayed incorrect.

first of all the display in maya:

click1

as a rendered jpg:

click2

behind bender there is a wall, that should be displayed as a wall. as u see, the texture is shown incorrect.

what's wrong with that?

thx for your help,

cheers,
d

# 2 09-12-2007 , 09:47 AM

Texturing problems

I had this problem, check a few things first is Hardware textureing on ? If it is try resetting to defaults. Open your Prefs folder. I don't know what it is on a PC but here is my Mac path I hope it helps. Home / Library / Preferences / Alias / Maya / 7.0 (depending on which version) / and throw away the prefs folder. Restart Maya and select the replace prefs whith new prefs. Let me know if that works.

Bill Harris
# 3 09-12-2007 , 01:49 PM
thx for your reply... tried it out and didn't work with me unfortunatelly. it's really weird, i don't get it... :angery:
any other advices? would be great.

thx&cheers

# 4 09-12-2007 , 04:24 PM

texturing problems

This has happened in the past to some of my students, can you emale me the file, I wont have textures but I can at least look at the file.

bharris@powayusd.com

Bill Harris
# 5 09-12-2007 , 04:41 PM
Dude... I have had this hapen in the past to students, and looking through my notes the reason was that when creating a polygon in the create polygon options window the texture was set to "none". Objects would show up with texture after a render but regardless of selecting the hardware texturing option the object would not have texture at all. When creating a polygon in the create polygon options select Normalize the Whole Object. With this being said my only option at this time is to recreate the object. I don't like this answer so I will look around in the Attribute Editor for more ideas. Let me know how your doing and I hope I can solve it without you having to redo the wall.

Harris

Bill Harris
# 6 10-12-2007 , 01:49 AM
thx for your help. i really appreciate that. unfurtunatelly i still haven't solved the problem. i guess, i have to take a former version of the plane and texture everything new. :-/

anyway thx again....