Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 22-07-2008 , 03:35 AM
Analogue - I've only ever heard it applying to electric signaling

As they say, you learn something new every day! user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 32 22-07-2008 , 03:47 AM
Haha, yeah, it's mainly used in electrical signals and such, as thats how things are measured, but the definition is of levels, such as wind is analogue, the sea is, rivers are, they have variation thats not set to finite levels, as would be seen in a digital system.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 33 22-07-2008 , 09:36 AM
19 year Veteran
Yeah, the main difference between digital and analog is that digital is comprised of ones and zeros, and analog is a mechanical process where as nothing will be as good as the original. Even the copies aren't exactly the same as each other. In digital, the copies can be exactly the same as the original.

gster123, I really like your explanation of analog! user added image

# 34 22-07-2008 , 02:51 PM
Thank's but I cant take the credit, thats the way I got tought it when I was doing my degree!

It's a way that when you think about it it really makes sense and you can see the differences between why analogue and digital have their advantages and disadvantages a lot easier (well to me it does!)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle