Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 06-09-2008 , 02:41 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Wow, those selection tools and UV tools look really nice.

Maya rarely crashes on me.... Unlike The XSI demo I downloaded... That thing won't even start up... The people at the site screwed up my activation number.. I sent them numerous Email's, and each time I get a new activation password... and it still wont start... Stupid people! Like I'm going to pay for the software if I can't test it... Not to mention the crappy support.

... It's a sham. It looked great in the vids!

Anyway.... Back to Maya... Can't wait, won't be able to afford it though.... I will start saving, but by the time I have enough there will be a new release..... Ahh, Maya how I love thee!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 17 06-09-2008 , 02:43 PM
The Nurb Herd
that UV editor thing looks really cool, same for the vert merge tool...

i think the face loop select is already quick to do with the ctrl drag mouse right (or left, i forget) then ctrl drag mouse down.

# 18 06-09-2008 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
it just keeps getting better??? where does it end.., photogrametery..?? not an exact science now.., but?? imagine maya becomes a photogrametry app using with mo-cap for animation and hDRI for lighing complete with a clock for time of day.

sorry being stupid.., it looks great.., though i am still amazed at the rate autodesk spits these out

take it easy and life will be easy