Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-10-2008 , 07:55 AM

Strange image planes

Hi,

So I'm about to start doing a character and I'm going to use an image made with photoshop as a reference on the image plane. But the problem is when i put the image on image plane and zoom in in front view its like the image gets scaled in from up and down towards the center. This didn't happen in one tutorial video that I have seen so what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

# 2 12-10-2008 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
Sounds weird...

could you post a picture, if your able to user added image

# 3 12-10-2008 , 08:05 PM
Here's the picture of what happened. So on the left the image looks good but when I zoom to the knee the image gets distorted like shown on the right. Hope this clarifies things.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 12-10-2008 , 08:41 PM
Lifetime Member
This is not a fault it is simply that the image is not high enough resolution to zoom in that close.If you save the image at a higher res out of Photshop it will have more pixels and be clearer.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 12-10-2008 , 08:49 PM
I meant that the knee on the right has more oval shape when on the left it is more rounded.

# 6 12-10-2008 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
I have a Radeon X300 video card and the same thing happens to me. It is the video card that is my problem, and may be your also. I find it easier to use a plane to put the reference image and not just use a background in the camera view.

Just a thought!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).