Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-04-2009 , 09:07 AM

weird twist, when lofting curves

Hello, I am trying to create some kind of armor plate, by using two curves and lofting them, but when I loft it, it looks really weird, like the components are twisted, like you can see here:

user added image

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

# 2 28-04-2009 , 12:55 PM
Your curve points don't tally. Meaning your curves' starting point aren't on top of one another from the top perspective.

I get the feeling that you have created the two curves separately instead of duplicating them.

Setup: Mac Pro Quad 3
# 3 28-04-2009 , 01:11 PM
That is correct, because I do not know how to edit a curve after pressing enter, I did not know that this matters user added image
Can you tell me how to edit a curve after I finish drawing it?

# 4 28-04-2009 , 01:38 PM
If you want to create each curve individually, you should make sure two things.

1. They have same number of edit points
2. Their start points are close to each other (if you're looking from the top).

The tools for rebuilding curves, open/closing curves are somewhere in the menu. All the options are there for you to tweak.

Setup: Mac Pro Quad 3
# 5 28-04-2009 , 01:46 PM
Hi user added image

In this case i think you can delete one curve and duplicate the other and move it up and loft.

They look exactly the same.

That would be the best way. But for futer you need to think trough the way you are setting up those curves to avoid this kind of situations.

# 6 28-04-2009 , 02:12 PM
You can rebuild the curve easily to matching number of spans, use the search function in the help file for more info.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 28-04-2009 , 05:26 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try it out,

Also, it's not about Maya, but some of you might have worked with Blender before?? The point is, when I select my sphere, and press tab, to go into edit mode, normally the points would light up yellow, but now.. I can only select the points of some kind of Hull(in maya) around the object, like.. control vertex, instead of the vertex on the actual surface, I have no idea what I did wrong, and restarting blender doesnt work user added image