Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-10-2009 , 05:47 PM

image planes tutorial

Hello, i started making image planes for my project and i struck into a barrier. my images planes came out not as good as i wanted them to come out, so my question is, is there any "how to make image planes" tutorial kits out there? :3

thanks <3

# 2 22-10-2009 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
You mean like your reference images? You were trying to put refrence images in the scene and it didn't work out for you? How so?

# 3 22-10-2009 , 06:11 PM
no, i drew my own image planes, but they didint align well.. so im asking if there any image planes drawing tutorial. that worth watching, etc.. :3

# 4 22-10-2009 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
Did you draw them in Photoshop, or by hand. I dont know of any but I might be able explain it for you.

# 5 22-10-2009 , 06:29 PM
i used illustrator

# 6 22-10-2009 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
Oh ok i've never used illistrator. But all I can say is you need to bust out that ruler and make sure everything is perfectly constant. Test it with a box, then with a box with a stick coming out just to see if your doing it right. Then go to your main object that your trying to model. You see i've done this once before but I drew it by hand making sure everything matched up. It did once I scaned it in and whatnot. Im sorry that I couldn't realy help, and that I don't know of any tutorials.

# 7 26-10-2009 , 09:45 PM
Simply Maya OG
What Ive done before, and still do, is if a reference image is off, I insert a edge into the plane, and move the edge along the plane until it lines up. Make sure you add in reference point-lines in photoshop before, so all you'll have to do it line up the lines and it should be set.

- Hybrid
# 8 26-10-2009 , 09:54 PM
ok, ill do, thank u <3